5 Signs You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
A severe injury resulting from a car accident or slip and fall event can be a life-altering matter. From traumatic brain injuries and broken bones to lost wages and mounting medical bills, personal injuries often result in significant and long-lasting financial impact on injury sufferers. When faced with the uncertainty of recovery and questions about long-term financial burdens, the law provides injury victims with the right to recover monetary damages from the responsible party, including lose wages, funeral expenses, medical bills and other economic losses.
So, how do you know if you should seek help from a personal injury attorney for your injury in Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, Denton County and beyond? Here are a few key signs that your case warrants the help of a skilled legal team.
- You’ve been seriously injured. If your injuries are severe, you may face medical bills above and beyond the policy limits of the responsible party’s personal injury coverage. If your injuries are moderate but require some length of time for treatment, it is unlikely that you will receive a fair settlement from the responsible party’s insurance company. That’s why it’s important to seek help from a skilled personal injury attorney as soon as possible to help you determine next steps.
- Your medical bills are mounting. In general, your medical bills should be paid by the responsible party’s personal protection coverage. However, payment of these expenses is unlikely to be as simple as sending the insurance company your hospital invoice. Some injuries will require long-term treatment, but even the short-term medical expenses will take time to be reimbursed. Talk to a skilled personal injury attorney about letters of protection and handling of your medical payments during the claims process. We can help reduce your medical expenses and ensure that nothing comes out of your pocket.
- You or a loved one will need long-term, skilled medical care. Long-term care does not have to mean you will be permanently living in a long-term care or skilled nursing facility indefinitely. For injury victims the road to healing may be a month, a year or longer. If you need longer-term medical care, rehabilitation, or even relearning essential life skills because of a traumatic brain injury, a personal injury attorney can help secure the settlement you deserve to provide for you and your family while you recover.
- You were injured by an intoxicated driver. If the party who injures you was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it is likely they will be held financially liable in addition to facing criminal charges. While fault may be more straightforward in a DWI cases, it is all the more reason to contact a skilled Dallas personal injury attorney if your injuries are significant. Appropriate legal representation can help you settle your case quickly and fairly.
- The insurance company is being shady. Insurance companies are not in the business of losing money. While the insurance company may ultimately pay out for your injuries, it is unlikely to be a quick process. Insurance companies often deny liability, delay payment or seek an acknowledgement of release of liability for their clients before they will pay out for even the smallest expenses. Your professional legal team can help protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve if the insurance company isn’t playing fair.
At Chad West, PLLC, our team provides a professional approach to getting our clients the results they deserve, preparing each case for the ultimate test – a full-fledged trial. Most cases settle out of court, but it is the level of preparation and investigation throughout the claim process that ultimately results in fair and just settlements for our clients. We offer complementary consultations to help you determine whether to pursue a claim. Call today to discuss your options!